Indonesia Trademark Law, Is It Any Good? Before applying a trademark for your brand in Indonesia, or maybe before even starting a brand there, you would love to learn first about the Indonesia trademark law.
Is it any good? How helpful is it? As this information shall be very helpful at any time soon, here is the law of trademark in Indonesia you should know. You should know about indonesia trademark law.
There are at least 4 to 8 laws in Indonesia that contain information about Trademark and Brand Establishing. Here are those:
- Regulation about Brand Registration established by the Ministry of Law and Human Rights of the Republic of Indonesia No. 67 of 2016. As the title itself already represents what this law is about, it contains the information, the exact and full information about registering a new brand or making a trademark of the brand itself.
- The decree of the Director-General of Intellectual Property No. HKI-02.KI.06.01 of 2017. This decree contains information about the application form of a brand trademark and establishing in Indonesia in a very clear and understandable way.
- Gov. Regulation of the Republic of Indonesia No. 22 of 2018 about the International Brand Registration by Protocol Related to Madrid’s Agreement about International Brands Registration. In this regulation and law, you shall see very important information for an aboard brand ownership that wants to establish its brand in Indonesia. This is also very important since it contains all the rights of protection from the Indonesia Government to the brand.
- The Republic of Indonesia Government Regulation No. 24 of 1993. This law was established by the president of Indonesia on April 1st, 1993, and contains information about goods and services classifying in Indonesia. For example, for the goods itself, there are 34 different classes while on services, there are 8 different classes. This information will be very needed while applying the plea of establishing a trademark in Indonesia.
Further Law about Indonesia Trademark
- The new Trademark and Geographical Indication Law which was legitimated on 27th October 2016, written on Law No. 20 of 2016. As have been said, this law contains protection information about trademark and geographical indication law. Consists of 20 chapters of trademark ownership, protection, and geography authority, this is a very important law most trademark owners hold on to.
- The further explanation of Law No. 20 of 2016 about Trademark and Geographical Indication. As the law of Trademark and Geographical Indication needs further explanation and information to make the aiming of the law clearer and lands on the right target, the Indonesia government has come with a further explanation.
- The Gov. Regulation of the Republic of Indonesia NO. 28 of 2019 about Types of Tariffs on non-Tax State Revenues, Apply to the Ministry of Law and Human Rights. In this regulation and law, as a brand owner, you shall see the tariffs on non-Tax State Revenues that you shall pay regularly for the sake of your brand flow under the control of the Indonesia Government.
- The Republic of Indonesia Gov. Regulation No. 90 of 2019. This is a new amendment of regulation that contains the Procedures for Application, Examination, and Settlement of Appeals at the Brand Appeals Commission.
Those are the regulations that surround the trademark world in Indonesia.